Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Enabling one-finger scrolling?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lishy

Lishy

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Lishy hey guys?
15:21 Lishy I just got a new computer. Problem is, the scrolling is REEEEEALLLLY unorthodox, weird, and just plain awful! The device is an Elan Smart-Pad and the driver is ETDWare PS/2-X64 8.0.5.3_WHQL. It uses some weeeeird two-finger scroll. I went to device options to change it.. And it doesn't even let me edit the scroll region!
15:21 Lishy WTF is going on? I just spent about 1000 bucks for this laptop. Can I please get help restoring 1-finger scrolls, like the "scroll bar" on the trackpad of many laptops?
15:21 Lishy this two-finger bullbleep is INCREDIBLY unresponsive

To clarify, most computers I've used had a region on the mousepad which you can make a page scroll if you simply brush over it, with say your thumb or something.

This new laptop has some weird setup where it requires you to use TWO FINGERS, at the TOP RIGHT, and maybe, just maybe, SOMETIMES it will scroll!

I went into mouse properties >> ELAN >> options (for the device), and in scrolling... There's NOTHING to change this! The only thing it lets me do is check Vertical Scroll, Horizontal Scroll, and Enabling "Auto-Scroll" along with changing scroll speed. It doesn't even let me change region! WTF!?

For reference, this is my laptop:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230190CVF

PLEASE help me out! Up till now I've used scrolling on the mousepad for gaming, and this is a HUGE hindrance to have an unorthodox scroll which SOMETIMES works! Please help! I just spent $1000 bucks after shipping!! Q_Q

edit:

Additionally, there is no "wheel" tab in mouse properties. Da bleep?

Edited by Lishy, 15 February 2012 - 03:57 PM.
Moved to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi

You say ASUS K53SV-DH71 @ $889.99

Are you sure it isn't broken?
Don't play around with it until it is to late to return and get something different.

I wouldn't keep it unless Asus tech support can get it working for you.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Lishy

Lishy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

Okay I've gotten use to the mouse. I'm satisfied. However, I'm having another, more dire problem:

I cannot combine left and right click at the same time.

Considering this is a gaming laptop, that is a STUPID thing to intend in your design!!! WHY would you make a laptop go as high as almost $900 bucks, and make it so you cannot press the left click button while holding right click!?

Here's a first hand example of what I mean. I'm playing TF2. Right click holds down the Heavy's minigun. HOWEVER, I cannot left click to shoot while holding right click! WTF!?

Yeah, any advice? BESIDES "get a mouse"? I have a mouse, but I don't wanna have to plug in a dang USB nuisance for everything I do!

Isn't there some configuration?

Pleeeease help me out here and find a way! Or my mom is gonna flip that we spent so much money on THIS! Q__Q

(Do you think I should just not tell her and use a USB mouse? Is using a USB mouse worth the secs this laptop has to offer me? Deal with this and use a USB, or get better for my money?)

Edited by Lishy, 16 February 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#4 Computer Attempter

Computer Attempter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

Dont believe there is. Some lappy's come with the one finger scroll on the right side of the touchpad, and others like mine use the 2 finger scroll.
It is a bleep to get used to, but works out in the end i think, as for gaming, you'd just be best getting a mouse. not to mention most will tell you you will have a far better experience gaming with a mouse rather than a touchpad. wireless or not doesnt matter.
gonna be plugging in that usb every time (also like i do <_< )
try building a robot to plug in your mouse every time you get home or something...

plus any usb mouse should be able to left and right click at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users