Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 98se Fonts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

:thumbsup:
Hello again.

My wife, bless her, runs Windows 98 SE, nothing wrong with that, it suits her so I'm happy.
However, because she undertakes quite a lot of wordprocessing duties, she decieded to move some of her lesser used fonts to a new folder and name it " not needed.".
Now as you probably know this doesn't uninstall them from the original Fonts folder and, so, when she came to putting them all back within that folder.......it wont allow it,..message displays--- fonts already installed.

Any thoughts anyone ???

Best Regards.

Tony. :flowers:
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cyclica

Cyclica

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:00 PM

Hi Bonneville. First thing is to check if those fonts are really already present. Is the file in \Windows\fonts? If so, then, I think your wife didn't actually move the fonts from there, because if you move or delete fonts from it's folder, they are uninstalled for good. Unless she's using software like "Font Manager" which don't copy fonts to windows\fonts folder, but shortcuts.

What happens if you try to use one of the fonts that were moved and give you the "fonts already installed" message?

#3 Bonneville

Bonneville
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 01:04 PM

:thumbsup:

Well I checked this out. The original fonts are still in the Windows font folder.The created unused fonts folder and it's contents appear to be copies as they are not displayed by font name but by file name. However the original Windows fonts folder still contains the so called moved fonts and they work without any problem.
Me thinks the wife simply made copies of the originals, well that is how it appears to me.

cheers for now,
Tony :flowers:
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users