Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Language translator programs inquiry

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 spc3rd

spc3rd

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

Good morning everyone,

I would like to inquire if there are some reasonably good language translator programs which anyone has had experience with (preferably free, but will consider a paid one)?

The main reason I am looking into this is simply because I will often come across a post in other forums from someone asking advice (in a language other than English), and I would like to obtain feedback from the community here as to what type of translator program would be most useful for such occasions; for example, a program that I would install on my computer; a program only available for use on-line, etc.

Thank you for your time and any enlightenment!

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

FYI, Chrome translates any language automatically and that is a big reason why I switched to Chrome.

#3 spc3rd

spc3rd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

I appreciate the info,frankp316!

Since I only have IE8 and Firefox installed on this computer...I'll need to install Chrome, unfortunately, when I tried to do so...and got to the section where you have to type in those jumbled-up letters just to prove you are a real person...my vision issues prevented me from being able adequately see them to do so, despite 7 attempts!

The alternate audible method was equally impossible for me to even understand! What a real waste of time! Guess Google doesn't give a d**n about those of us with vision/hearing problems! Thanks for nothing Google!!!

Edited by spc3rd, 15 February 2012 - 12:59 PM.

spc3rd

Dell Optiplex 755 Desktop | Win 7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit | Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.00 gHz CPU | 8 GB RAM | 400 GB Seagate SATA HDD | Outpost Security Suite Pro | MBAM Premium 2.0 | Spywareblaster | SAS (on-demand) | Blocklist Pro | IE 11 & FF w/ NoScript | Disconnect | Adblock Plus | Flagfox

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

You could always bookmark: http://translate.google.com/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 spc3rd

spc3rd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Thanks very much for the additional suggestion, Animal! I'll give that a try!

Best Regards!

spc3rd

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

You're quite welcome. :thumbup2:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 f6e9a25

f6e9a25

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

if you want i can put up a copy of google chrome on mediafire for you so you wont have to type in word, but using google translate is also good

also if you install google toolbar and click the translation button the page will be translated this is available for ie
and for firefox try this https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/translate-this/?src=search

Edited by f6e9a25, 20 February 2012 - 09:27 PM.

So many ideas in mah brain !!!!!

#8 spc3rd

spc3rd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 292 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

I appreciate the offers, f6e9a25. I decided on a mid-line compromise, and just added the Google Translator to My Favorites for now. If that turns out to be insufficient...then I may need to take you up on the other offer!

Thanks very much for getting back with me!

Regards,

spc3rd

#9 f6e9a25

f6e9a25

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

ok, thats great. ;)
So many ideas in mah brain !!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users