Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DJboutit

DJboutit

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

What is the best mouse for your wrist I am a heavy computer my wrist is starting to hurt a little. I am looking for a good mouse I can use for long periods of time that will not hurt my wrist I want to spend less than $50

Edited by DJboutit, 26 January 2012 - 11:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

There is no one right answer to this question. The best mouse for someone varies depending on specific body structure and mechanics. The best thing to do is to try out several different kinds. That said, here are other things to consider:

Is the computer keyboard and mouse at the proper ergonomic height for you?

Regardless of what kind of mouse you use, repetitive motion causes injury. Take regular breaks from the computer to stretch out your hands, wrists, arms, neck and so forth.

Change the hand you use the mouse with. I have done so.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

As Orange Blossom says.

You say your wrist is starting to hurt. Is it only the wrist or are your fingers going numb or tingly?

Best position is that your lower arm is supported and parallel to the floor. Your hand should be at the same height as your arm and be supported. What this means is that your chair should be adjusted for height so your lower arm is at the same height as the surface as the mouse. Also that the arm is not hanging for support from the shoulder or pressing the arm upwards against the shoulder.

Good Luck

Edited by rotor123, 28 January 2012 - 12:19 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users