Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

call stationand EZ voice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gmacy2003

gmacy2003

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

I had EZ voice on my computer. It was working perfectly. My hard drive failed and I had to reload Windows on a new hard drive, my backup disks of Windows 7 home premium would not work.

My computer technician installed Windows 7 Home Premium which he had. Apparently there were differences in his version of Windows 7 and my version of Windows 7. When I loaded Dragon Naturally Speaking an error came up state and there was a file missing in Windows. The Dragon program was aware of the missing file in Windows 7 and instructed me on how to get this file. When I got this file and installed it my computer. Dragon loaded properly and is working perfectly now.

Next I loaded EZ voice and tried it out. When I tried the program everything worked except it would not answer the telephone. The caller ID worked and it loged the call.I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling but it still Would not work. Technical support for EZ voice is just about nonexistent, you have to send them an e-mail and you don't hear back from them for at least a month. So instead of waiting for them I downloaded call station which is another telephone answer machine for the computer. I installed the program only to find out the same problem exists.

I have been in contact with technical support and it seems they say that it should work, but it doesn't. I was wondering if anyone had seen this problem and can help me out.

thank you very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

this was found on another site, might help in getting you started

This can be many reasons, the following lists a few possibilities and their solutions.

Please make sure there are no other similar phone answering or recording programs running at the background e.g. run as a service. Because this will cause conflicts and may affect the functionality of EzVoice.

Please make sure your modem is a voice modem, you can find this information under Modem and Call under Setup menu on the EzVoice main window.

If EzVoice displays that your modem is not a voice modem but your modem user manual or packaging box mentioned its answering machine
capabilities, this may indicate the wrong installation of the modem driver. Please check your installation CD came with your modem card, if re-installation of this modem driver does not resolve the problem, please visit modem manufacturer's web site to download the latest modem driver.

Please make sure Automatic Answer is selected under Tools menu on the EzVoice main window.

Please make sure the telephone line is connected directly onto the modem jack marked Line. In addition, make sure no other devices is plugged to the modem jack marked Phone as some modems may have problems in answering calls when this jack is plugged with telephone devices.

If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, please make sure EzVoice is not installed under limited user account so EzVoice has both write and read access right to its directory.

If you are running on XP with SP2, please be aware that windows XP will automatically update your modem driver from time to time. On certain modems, this may cause problems. If this happens, please let windows notify you of such an installation so you can discard these modem driver updates.

If you successfully used EzVoice before but it stopped functioning after upgrade to XP SP2, you can simply update your modem driver with the original one came with your modem card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users