Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP ME PLEAASE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MaxwellHELPME

MaxwellHELPME

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

I am in desperate need of help. My computer's internet connection says its connected, but when I try to connect, it says dnserror at the bottom of the IE page. I have tried EVERYTHING. Command prompts, turning the modem on and off again, and it WILL NOT fix. I cannot go to other pages on the internet, at all. I am on another computer right now. I have tried system restore, and it will not fix there. I have also tried to download antivirus software from the internet, but I cannot because of the dnserror. I need help very badly. I have overdue school assignments! Please help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,378 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

<<I have tried EVERYTHING.>>

No one...has ever tried everything...that could possibly correct a problem on a computer, since the problem must be clearly identified first.

<<I have also tried to download antivirus software from the internet...>>

Does that mean that you don't have an AV program already installed, with current updates?

Does that mean that you think or know that your system is infected?

Help us...to help you and provide pertinent background to your situation, please.

Are your connection problems the only problematical scenario your computer currently exhibits? No other problems of any type?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 15 February 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#3 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

What is the DNS error??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users