Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan.goldun.i

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mirabelle

mirabelle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

Hi folks,
norton tells me it has found a virus called trojan.goldun.I it says it's in a file called pptp32.dll, but I cannot find that file. Also I then run a scan with Norton but it doesnt churn up the infected file or virus. What's going on here, can anyone help?
thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

Hi There :thumbsup:

I have read your post and I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review.

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system

David

#3 mirabelle

mirabelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 AM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:32 PM

Hi there,
I tried but nothing finds the alleged virus...?

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:44 PM

Then please continue with the steps in the guide to post a Hijackthis log.
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users