Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeepbub

jeepbub

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:01 PM

I have two computers and two daughters that have a need to be on the internet at the same time. The place that I live only allows me the wonderful privilege of dial up. I need a solution to my problem. What can I do to get these computers on line at the same time? What will I have to buy and I don't want to get another phone line as I already have two lines and they are both filled at the same time now. Is there some type of splitter or something I can buy?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

Hello jeepbub and welcome to BC.

This can be done with Internet Connection Sharing. The idea is that one computer accesses the internet and the other accesses the internet from the first one. You need your current dialup modem and both computers will need Network Cards, which they may already have. You will also need a Cat45 Crossover cable to run from one computer to the other.

What is your operating system? Go to Start then Help if they are 95/98/ME, and when help comes up use the Index tab and look for Internet, sharing connections and click display for some further info.

Post back if you have more questions.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users