Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupted Profiles

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 seg42

seg42

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

For the last several months I have been butting my head against a weird problem, and I don't know if there is some bizarre problem with our mail system, or if there is something a user is doing that is causing a problem that I haven't been able to figure out.

In the beginning, it was that he couldn't access his webmail (owa from exchange 2007)from IE. He could open it from Firefox, but of course, few of the features would work. We created a new mail box for him, and it worked for a while, but then it stopped working as well. Both accounts were tied to his outlook, originally 2003 on an XP box, then 2010 on a completely new 7 box. Now we are starting to see problems there, where he is losing connection to local folders, and will suddenly stop receiving mail to one or the other mailbox. I don't know if the local folders issue is related, but it would be an odd coincidence if it wasn't. I've tried repairing both mail boxes, and searching for an old orphaned mail box that might be making problems (unlikely, but I figured it was worth a go). Nothing has worked thus far, it's getting worse, and I'm out of ideas. Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users