Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System check virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 lungbuster

lungbuster

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Recently I had a crash, I was able to re-boot windows after some lengthy repairs. Upon re boot I started getting error messages and a box that said "system check" that wanted to perform a scan. I realized after researching it was a bogus scan and a virus. It has locked me out of all program files and will not even allow me to open task manager, everything in my program files is gone, but if I boot with xPUD I can see that the files are still there, I assume the virus is blocking all my access............How can I get rid of this nightmare?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lungbuster

lungbuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

So I downloaded rkill and malwarebytes to my zip drive and ran rkill on the sick pc, below is the report from rkill. I also have a report from malware but it was prior to running rkill so I don't know if it is accurate.

rkill:
Attached File  rk-proxy.reg   193bytes   2 downloads

mbam log
Attached File  mbam-log-2012-02-14 (15-20-48).txt   11.32KB   1 downloads

Can someone help?!!!

Edited by lungbuster, 14 February 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#4 lungbuster

lungbuster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

I have resolved the system check issue.
Thank you for your reply.

#5 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users