Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Network two Vista computers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 poboyweb

poboyweb

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC - I've moved it to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic442618.html

I just spent two days removing some stupid rootkit.zeroaccess virus from my desktop running Vista Home Premium. I finally ended up using ComboFix to remove the virus successfully.

Since removal though, my home network isn't functioning correctly. (no problems previously)

I can see and share files from my desktop TO my laptop (also running vista home premium), however on the Laptop, I can see the Desktop computer under VIEW COMPUTERS AND DEVICES, but get an error message each time I try to access. Error 'Windows cannot access \\SHAWNSDESKTOP', 'The network path was not found.'

Additionally, when I try to PING the desktop from the laptop, it fails. It works from the opposite direction.

Sharing and discovery is enabled on both computers.

Suggestions? Pulling my hair out. Thanks in advance.

Edited by poboyweb, 14 February 2012 - 01:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users