Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting headest to computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emersonian

emersonian

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hello:

I want to buy a Skype headset so I can talk over Skype with the headset on. I have a standard desktop. I have two small Logitech speakers plugged into the standard jack (you know, the little circular ones) on the back of the tower. The speakers sit on either side of the monitor, like the cheap ones Dell would give you for buying a computer. One of the speakers (the one with the volume knob) has a jack (the little circular ones) for a headset.

My understanding is that the Skype headsets (you know, headsets you can use for internet telephony) have a cable that splits into two end. One end is supposed to be plugged into the stereo jack, and one into the audio. It will be hard for me to do this consider that the tower is on the floor and the speaker is next to the monitor. In other words, I can't plug one cable into both of these sources because they are two far apart. So what is your suggestion? It would be nice if there were a cable one of whose branches was for stereo and the other of whose braches was for audio. But is seems like all the male to female cables that split into two ends are for stereo. So what should I do?

Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

How about just by passing the external speakers and direct connecting both ports at the back of the tower?

Tekken

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

The jack on the speakers is for headsets with no microphone.

You need to connect your Skype headset to the computer directly

Pink plug to pink jack (Microphone)
Green Plug to Green jack (Headphones/Speakers)

Cheers
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 emersonian

emersonian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

Sorry I didn't explain myself better. The tower is all the way on the floor and I don't think the cable is long enough. That is why I was looking for an adapter of some sort.

#5 emersonian

emersonian
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:28 AM

It turns out that they have PC headset speaker switches. Thanks all the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users