Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seagate External drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LadyReb

LadyReb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

I'm trying to help out a buddy living a few hundred miles away from me who will have to restore his computer to factory specs. He's been using a Seagate portable hard drive with the FreeAgent software to do backups and that drive is pretty full. I can't tell you what version of software or much about the drive, only that it's slim and portable and holds 250Gb.

My friend needs to back up over 200 Gb of stuff, he says, and he wants to clear the Seagate drive but do the backup with the FreeAgent software.

To anyone familiar with the FreeAgent software, FA has the most recent backup in a folder called "C", and in the History folder are older versions of files that have been changed. The first time one runs the FreeAgent software, it backs up whatever you've told it to and then only changed files thereafter. I am wondering if he would be able to just delete that C folder as well as the History folder on the Seagate external drive, and then if FreeAgent would just create a whole new (and very large) backup.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users