Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

downloading Gmail with outlook 2007

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wilric

wilric

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

I am trying to download some gmail with Windows 7 ultimate and using outlook 2007.
I have tried both pop and IMAP .... neither will download the mail

This one is using POP 995 SSL and 587 TLS
Task 'davefcpi@gmail.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'

This one is using IMAP 993 SSL and 587 TLS
Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for richarccpi@gmail.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for richarccpi@gmail.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I have hap problems sending mail in the past with XP PRO and outlook 2003 but it would read the mail which is most important.

Any thoughts. I hope I have answered the setup properly
Richard

Edited by hamluis, 13 February 2012 - 05:22 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Have you followed these instructions: http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=77689

#3 wilric

wilric
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

yes i did follow those exactly. That's why i added one of each the POP and the IMAP. it is driving me crazy.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

Do you have a firewall?

#5 wilric

wilric
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Yes we do fortigate 80C
I was wondering about that but all the xp-pro with 2003 outlook are working receiving their email. most of the are with the default parameters and a few have had the additional ports changed. I am only concerned with receiving on these email accounts.

Thanks

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

Well it maybe blocked, and if this is a business I would suggest talking to the Network Administrators.

You are making it to the Server, but getting a permission denied error. I have the same settings as you minus the firewall though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users