Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New To Your Awesome Website!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Heath

Heath

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:14 PM

Hi all,
I'm a newbie at this computer problem thing...I found you by searching around for help as I was totally infected with all kinds of spyware and viruses. I think I had something like 334 at first scan :thumbsup: ! How stupid was I to allow so many..kinda clueless :flowers: ..I let my Norton expire and then all kinds of stuff kicked in..literally. I followed your steps to clean up..and got a total education about things I never knew about my computer..even things I didn't really want to know :cool: I think I've cleaned up my computer now hopefully and I owe you thanks for your help..even though I never even posted anything. I still have a few issues..but still learning and don't want to bug you prematurely..I'm a mom of 8(yes, we know what causes that. :inlove: .) and don't normally have a lot of time to "educate" myself on this thing..but I must say..the extra time here has been fun (though my house is a total mess..and we are getting sick of pizza). So...thanks for the ride! I'll be in touch as I get more questions! You guys are a huge blessing :trumpet: ! Now..I've gotta go find our house and bake something (snore)....Thanks again...thanks all over the place!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for the kind comments, and thanks for joining BC.
It is unfortunate that everyone has to contend with all the dangers of the internet, and even more so that not all people have the time in their busy lifes to become as expert in computer security. But the more aware and educated you become, the fewer problems you will have, and pizza is a Good Thing.
Regards and Welcome!
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:22 PM

:thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.
Thank you for taking the time to say such nice things. :flowers:
Especially since you are a busy Mom of such a large family.
I am from a family of eight children too.
A crazy hectic way to grow up? Yes!
Would I ever trade it for something different? No!! :trumpet:
Posted Image

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! Heath.