Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Graphics

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phylar

Phylar

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2720QM @ 2.20GHz
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
CLEVO CO. W150HRM (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel® HD Graphics Family
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M (This is the trouble-child)
Hard Drives
488GB Seagate ST9500420AS (SATA)
Optical Drives
MATbleepA DVD-RAM UJ8B0
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Alright a really quick rundown (do not have much time atm)...

I have tried every working model of a fix I can think of. Now I am a gamer, I bought this laptop so I can game on the go. The graphics card is an NVIDIA and in retrospect I likely should have double checked online for any issues with it. But whatever, it is a good card with a couple issues. I can work with that. Now then my computer refuses to access this card when I begin higher stress operations such as gaming. Fallout NV is a good example. It refuses to read the card though I think that is for other reasons. More then that the computer itself refuses to realize the card is there...I literally cannot seem to find it unless I go to the NVIDIA control panel or use a third-party information software to check my SI. I was simply wondering if there is a way to set the GT55m as my primary to avoid issues with gaming, etc. I know that by setting it as Prim. or perhaps disabling my Integrated (unlikely to work I know) I can work around games not accessing my card. Alright out of time, I apologize if this is the wrong area of the forum to post, took it at a glance. Shoot me later =(.

If anybody needs anymore information please ask, I should be able to find anything you need. Btw, I am running a Clevo internal which was built by Sager and no the BIOS does not help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

hi, i don't have an answer ,just a question ,Hi so you can get the switchable graphic button to work when you want to use other graphic card

this info is taken from you laptops manual .about how the 2 video cards work .
did it come with a manual .if no, its found here
http://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/Download.asp

How Optimus Technology works
When the system is powered up and is displaying just the desktop, the dGPU will be
powered off. In this case the system is running in the same way as a system without
a discrete graphics solution. However when an application that requires use of the
dGPU is run (e.g, a game or HD Video), the dGPu is powered on and takes over the
processing duties. If the program is closed, then the dGPU will be powered back
down again until required.

and

UMA Mode is designed for maximum power saving, however this does have an affect on
the system's overall video performance (as it is based on the Power saver power plan).
If you require better video performance then it is recommended that you use Optimus
Mode. Alternatively you may switch the UMA Mode power plan to Balanced (however power
savings will be reduced in this case).
Note that when the power plan is set to UMA Mode the GPU LED indicators may no longer
display the correct status.

Edited by caperjac, 14 February 2012 - 03:50 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

it appears the laptop has a the GPU Button to switch
modes,does this button not make it change

if you have or downloaded the manual check page B3 to B-24 for info on nvida program settings

Edited by caperjac, 14 February 2012 - 04:16 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

You just go to the NVidia control panel and enter the .exe for whatever app you want to use the NVidia card. Thats the way my lowly lappy with the 540m works.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users