Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Network Connection To Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 meliacha

meliacha

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:22 AM

I need help, I've been dealing with Spyware Strike and Spy Falcon spyware for awhile, and I finally got rid of it a few days ago by following the instructions on this website : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43659/how-to-remove-spyfalcon-removal-instructions/

I installed Panda Titanium antispyware, but after it finished scanning, my internet (I live a dorm and am connected through the network, I'm not sure what it would be called, but it's high speed internet) stopped working with the message "This problem occured because the network did not assign a network address to the computer" and when I clicked "repair" it said "cannot renew IP address, limited or no connectivity" and everyone else in my room does not have that problem, their internet is working fine.

So I used System Restore to go back a few days, but that meant I had my Spy Falcon spyware back, but that was fine at least I had the internet, so I followed the instructions at the website again this time I didn't install Panda. Then after that the computer was working fine, I installed Webroot Spysweeper and just last night I went to take a shower, came back (after I switched users) and the internet stopped working with the same message, except that this time using System Restore did not give me my internet back.

I was wondering if there is anyway to fix this? Is this due to me having more spyware on my computer and not knowing (even though I ran a full scan and removed everything) or is the Anti Spyware blocking my internet connection? I already went in to see if it would help if I turned off the Firewall, but it's stll not working.

I would appreciate any advice!!

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 meliacha

meliacha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

Nevermind, I got it worked out. I disconnected my ethernet plug and switched ends...i dont know if that makes any logical sense, but it works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users