Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System spooler issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bruinator

bruinator

• Members
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

I am having an issue with my printer spooler of windows can not start the print spooler service on local computer. Error 1068: the dependency services or group failed to start". WOULD A SYSTEM RESORE FIX THIS ISSUE? iF YES, HOW LONG WOULD A 65 GB TAKE TO DO? sYSTEM IS WIN 7.

THX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

To resolve this issue, make sure that all dependent services have been started. To do this, follow these steps:
1.Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
2.Under Pick a Task, click Use Tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems.
3.In the Tools area, click System Configuration Utility.
4.In the right pane, click Open System Configuration Utility. This opens the System Configuration Utility.
5.Click the Services tab.
6.Make sure all the following services are turned on. To turn on a service, click to select the check box.
◦Application Layer Gateway Service
◦Network Connections
◦Network Location Awareness (NLA)
◦Plug and Play
◦Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
◦Remote Access Connection Manager
◦Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
◦Telephony
7.Click OK, and then click Restart.
8.After Windows restarts, rerun the Internet Connection Sharing Wizard

Edited by the_patriot11, 12 February 2012 - 07:33 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 bruinator

bruinator
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

I have access to internet if that is the purpose of rerun the Internet Connection Sharing Wizard. If not, how do i do it plz?

Edited by bruinator, 12 February 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

It has to do with windows services, one of them is disabled which is giving you said error. That is from windows fix it website, a faster method of doing it is to go to start >run and enter services.msc go through the services until you find all the ones related to your printer and printer spooler, right click them go to properties and make sure they are "enabled" instead of disabled. After doing so you should have to reboot your system.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users