Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

255 heads ?? 16 heads??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hello all, I am using the tutorial from BC: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/backup-your-computer-with-driveimage-xml/
I had previously formatted the drive to 'clone to' prior to using the UBCD. So I ended up skipping the CompuApps SwissKnife part. So I chose the restore from location and image, and chose the destination partition; upon beginning to restore the image to the destination partition DriveImage XML gave me a warning stating that the clone image is 255 heads and the destination partition/drive (can't remember for sure) is 16, and would I like to force the cloned to the destination, or leave as 16. I chose the force the cloned to the destination.. What if any negative impact will that have, and should I just go back and use the SwissKnife tool.

Thanks,
Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 snglnluvnit

snglnluvnit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Forget about this thread. I had to go back and use the Compu Swissknife program to set up new hdd, and then restored image and reset disk ID..This topic can be closed this now.
Thanks anyway,
Scott

Edited by snglnluvnit, 12 February 2012 - 03:44 PM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Glad you resolved it, thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users