Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Troubleshooter in Trouble

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

Having an Issue, where Every time I click on Troubleshoot, up pops: "Troubleshooter has encountered an issue and can not continue" message, this Happens on ALL Troubleshooters within my System,
I have gone to MS and Downloaded/Installed the "Fix-It" Utility (several times) and get the same Message, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....I went to MS Forums and their Tech told me to run a "Clean Boot" in
Safe Mode, I did this and still get the same Results. When I click on Details in the Error Message, I get the Error: 0x80070003 and it either says Restricted or Elevated, How can this be Corrected??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

What "Troubleshooter" are you talking about? Please explain the exact problem you are having and when you see this "troubleshoot" message.

#3 Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:28 AM

If I can add, if you are having multiple problems that are making you look at the various troubleshooters, please explain what they are as this will help advisers better understand what may be at fault.

Nev.
Why all the fuss, I already have Windows 8. Three windows at the front, and five at the back since I bought the house.
Posted Image

#4 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

What "Troubleshooter" are you talking about? Please explain the exact problem you are having and when you see this "troubleshoot" message.

Started with:
1) Windows Update
2) Sound & Audio Issues
3) Networking Issues

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

#6 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

OK, Lets start at the Beginning:
I started having an Issue after I installed a Microsoft Update (not sure which one), every time at this point that I do a Re-Start, I get a Blue Screen that says: "Operation in Progress, Windows will automatically restart when complete", However it Never completes, and I have to Hard Boot to finish the Restart.
So, I went to MS Forums and made the initial inquiry, their Tech told me to Run a Troubleshooter for Windows Update, which I did. at that Point That's when and where I got that Error Message about Troubleshooter encountering an Error and can not continue, when That happened and in that window I clicked Details, and that's where I found the Error code. So, I went Back to MS Forum (same Tech) and informed them of what Happened, they told me to Install the "Fix-it" Tool for repairing that, which I did, and I got the Same Troubleshooter Message after Running that Tool too...Then They told me to do a Clean Boot in Safe Mode, which I did, and still got the Same Error, now they are working on a different solution and will get back to me on that, still waiting...so I came Here.
Well right after that I installed some Sound equipment and had a issue, which I contacted this same Tech about, there again told to run Troubleshooter, got the same message...then about a month later I installed a Router and was having a Wireless Connection Issue, ran Troubleshooter for this and got the same Error Message, so it seems to me that All the Troubleshooter's on my system are non-operational, so that's where I'm at at this point, and as Exact as I can be, since I'm a Layman, and not a Tech...

#7 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:00 AM

Okay, great - thanks. That helps. I suggest you use system restore to go back to a point before you installed the update(s). Let's see if that helps. If not, since you've been working directly with Microsoft I suggest you continue that avenue of support.

#8 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Follow the manual instructions here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

If that doesn't help, download TFC by Old Timer http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/TFC-Temp-File-Cleaner-OldTimer-file187.html and save it to your desktop.

Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB). Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running apps. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files

Look for updates again.

You might also try flushing the DNS cache.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#9 IdahoBiker

IdahoBiker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Okay, great - thanks. That helps. I suggest you use system restore to go back to a point before you installed the update(s). Let's see if that helps. If not, since you've been working directly with Microsoft I suggest you continue that avenue of support.

Well I would if I could, that's just it, I don't remember when I Installed and Which Update ( MS Update Number ).
But, I already did a System Restore back to a Saved Restore Point when I "Thought" that was the When Point (apparently, not, LOL)
as far as MS goes I waited 10 Days for a Further Update to my Case, but still haven't heard a peep, that was when I came Here.

Had gotten to the Point I didn't like being Left in Limbo....

Edited by IdahoBiker, 13 February 2012 - 04:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users