Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Runs slow or wont load when someone is on laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bdnh85

bdnh85

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

I have a Dell M8430F (2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB Hard Drive. I use Internet Explorer 8 and use Comcast as my provider.
My problem is when someone is on their Mac Laptop and I'm on as well the internet slows down on both ends, sometimes doesn’t even load. I'm not sure what version the Mac is, but this has started recently. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this? This never happened before.

Thank You

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:44 AM

What type of router or model is your laptop and the MAC computer is using as access point? Do you have a fairly good or high speed connection?

Tekken

#3 bdnh85

bdnh85
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

Its a comcast router. And the model of the Mac I have no idea its an old one I dont see a model on it that I can see

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:22 AM

comcast router

Since this is the only info. we have, try this Link

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users