Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Temp. Files

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TxRunner2003

TxRunner2003

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:40 AM

This is probably a stupid question but i just want my computer to run really well but the Temporary Internet files you dont want them on your computer correct? if so how can i stop that from being on my computer as long with cookies? if it helps i use yahoo's sbc boswer

Edited by TxRunner2003, 15 February 2006 - 01:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:25 AM

Hi there TxRunner2003

For the cookies read here.

For the temporary internet files read here.

Those sites are off the Yahoo browser help page - you can only get he infomation out of them by emailing it your Yahoo email address. Does this help at all? If not i have some alternatives.

David

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2006 - 07:20 AM

Set your history to 0 in inetnet options. Or just run cCleaner and set it to clean out your cookies and history at boot.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:03 PM

You can also use Windows disk cleanup utility to clean out your temp files. Remember, though, that some cookies are actually useful. Yahoo, for example, sets cookies for your user ID and so it can remember your home page, etc. The NYT also sets a cookie for your member ID, and Borders sets one that remembers the three closest stores to your house.
Use an anti-spyware application, like Ad-AwareSE, to delete only the bad cookies, and from time to time, manually review what is left.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 15 February 2006 - 12:04 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 TxRunner2003

TxRunner2003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:45 PM

thanks guys for your help thats why this site is the best & last thing for the Temp files for the amount of disk space to use where should i have it set? right now the current setting is on 595mb should i lower it or raise it? & what would happen if i set it to 0?

Edited by TxRunner2003, 15 February 2006 - 01:51 PM.

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:03 PM

If you lower it, the browser will allocate less space for history - therefore less history. If you increase it - more space - more history saved.
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users