Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank You!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 n4k

n4k

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

As someone who has unsuccessfully run a forum before, I have to first brag over how well this board is organized and maintained. The ease of use is awesome. The instructions are easy to follow.

MOST OF ALL, I have to say thank you to Gringo. I stumbled here after several days of pulling out my hair and honestly thinking my only option was going to be to trash this laptop and purchase a new one. How I "stumbled" here is beyond me as I don't remember how I found you guys. It had to be divine intervention :thumbup2:

I do recall finding another board that had similar instructions and I thought I had found the promised land. I carefully read the inst's, ran the programs they listed in their "welcome" instructions and posted the log as recommended. After posting the log, I saw a little note on the "welcome" page that said, "Post any other logs from programs you've run as well." I made an unforgivable mistake. I went back to my post and added that second log. I immediately, after hitting the "post" button remembered the "welcome" post said to not reply to your own post before receiving a post from their "team." I went back and tried to delete the second post and add that log to the original post, but they have their board set so members can not delete their own post. Next day, I have a very harsh post (one used multiple times on that board) scolding me for not reading the instructions because I posted to my own thread before hearing from their "team." They told me because I had violated their precious rules, they were closing my thread and I'd have to repost a new thread only after reading the inst's. So, I tucked my tail and did as instructed. The next day, I had another template post from the same moderator telling me I had not read the instructions well because my version of windows was not supported by their board. He closed that thread as well. I went back and looked and in the ton of info on their "welcome" page, it did say they did not support windows earlier than XP with SP 3. I had XP SP2. I wondered why the jerk didn't just tell me this in the first nasty post. Yes, I should have read it..I actually DID..however, many people, like myself, coming to these sites for help do not even know what version or service pack they are running. Anyhow, I quickly left that board..shocked at the hatefulness. It was clearly obvious that they are not in the business of assisting.

So, I stumbled here..and lo and behold, about the second day here, my husband unknowingly committed a huge "no-no" while I was at work. He ran some other malware/av program while Gringo was in the midst of helping me. I promptly told Gringo, apologized and told my husband to not try to "fix" my laptop, that Gringo was working with me. I was nervous, awaiting Gringo's reply. I feared he'd be just as ugly as the person on the other board had been. Nope, he just moved right onto what needed to be done next. I will forever be grateful to him for his patience.

We're not quiet finished here, but we are close. Gringo has directed me through programs and my computer is now running better now than it did when I acquired it (second hand). I will definitely be making a donation upon completion. You guys are providing a valuable service and I, for one, greatly appreciate you!

Tracy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gringo_pr

gringo_pr

Bleepin Gringo

• Malware Response Team
  • 136,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

Hello Tracy

I want to be the first to thank you for such a beautiful post!! These are the type of posts that we work for, the ones that makes us feel good about what we do and makes it all worth while

Gringo
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know

If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic

My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->btn_donate_SM.gif<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.

Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University

#3 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:25 PM

Its good seeing nice threads like this :)

Im glad the site helped ya Tracy..... I do hope you'll stick around!!

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Thank you Tracy.. makes us feel good,really good!!

Edited by boopme, 12 February 2012 - 09:38 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users