Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error 1311: Can't install patch for program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 icknaybob

icknaybob

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I recently got rid of the System Check virus with the help of a Bleeping Computers member. Right now I'm trying to download a patch for a game but I keep getting this error:

Error 1311. Source code not found: C\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zO2SB.tmp\Setup1.cab.

I tried to Google this and found 2 or 3 sites that says there are programs you can download to fix this error but they always want you to register otherwise you can't use the program. I don't want another trojan virus so I won't download anything and forces me to register. Can you guys help? Thank you.

Mod Edit: Removed direct download link, I just downloaded it successfully from http://www.shacknews.com/file/21670/borderlands-patch-141 ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 11 February 2012 - 05:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

Hi -
Do you have M/soft Office (most likely 2007) installed, as this error seems to point there first ??
If you do have it and do not use it, then remove it first.

Also is this a patch to an on-going game (Sorry but I will not use your link), or can the game be saved somewhere else, removed and reinstalled ??

Were you getting this error prior to Malware Removal, or has this just surfaced ??

Thank You -

#3 icknaybob

icknaybob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

I actually don't have Microsoft Office of any kind installed.

The patch is currently for an on-going game: Borderlands.

I've never received this kind of message prior to or after the malware trojan. This is a recent development.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

Can the game be saved somewhere else, removed and reinstalled ??

Are you able to save the game at any place, or another computer ??

Thanks -

#5 icknaybob

icknaybob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

The game CAN be reinstalled. I have the disc. I do not have another computer to save to. The problem also is when I'm downloading the patch, not with the game itself. When I ran the game, it ran fine. It was when I went to download the patch so I can play online with other people that I ran into this Error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users