Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A question about users accounts.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Reddoug

Reddoug

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

HI All

I have a question about installing a program in the administrator account and then using the program in the user account. The user is set as a power user and I am having some trouble getting the program to run properly. It runs fine when I am logged in as an administrator. Been doing some reading but not finding a solution to my problem. Would giving the user account admin rights, installing the program and changing the user back to power user make any difference?

Thanks, Reddoug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

when you install the program ,were you giving an option for it to be used by all users or just admin /you

did you google the problem ,some google results look promising .i only look at the second one .
http://www.google.ca/search?q=give+power+user+admin+right+on+one+program+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hi

Thanks for the link. Sometimes I have trouble finding what I am looking for. I will try it and see what happens.

Reddoug

#4 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

Hi

I uninstalled the program, gave the user admin rights, reinstall the program under the user. Removed user from admin group. Program is working ok under the user account.

Thanks, Reddoug

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

glad i could point you in the right direction ,happy computing

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users