Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mayan Calendar

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 computergaga69

computergaga69

• Banned
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

well what can we say about this Mayan Calendar that is now the main issue that everybody is talking now?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic384507.html

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:23 AM

well what can we say about this Mayan Calendar that is now the main issue that everybody is talking now?

Mayan Calendar and the end of the World? friend, give me a break will you.
In the year 1999 said they too, that in 2000 the World will been History.
Well, it is now 2012 and we still live here on Earth.
You must don't believe what some Scientists tell.
I'll say, seen is believing, until now, enjoy of your life.

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Well put Computer-man

I say if the world will end this year then we all should make this the best year of our lives and do our best possible work!
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 AM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

I much prefer the Playboy calendar myself. :whistle:

#6 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm kinda partial to my "Big Ship "o" Fools" Calendar....Cuz it helps me remember what the sam hill I'm supposta be doin... :blink: :bubbles:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#7 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:26 AM

Well put Computer-man

I say if the world will end this year then we all should make this the best year of our lives and do our best possible work!

Precisely ! When we must make us worry about this, than oh help.

#8 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

If this is my last year on earth I definitely do not want to work. I want FUN! :bounce:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#9 Djking

Djking

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

It's all fake.

#10 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

@ DjKing,
I beg to differ..my "Big Ship "o" Fools calendar is very real :P

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#11 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

....and the Playboy Playmates on my calendar are real...

Oh wait... :devil:

#12 Marvz

Marvz

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

I much prefer the Playboy calendar myself. :whistle:

me too.. :thumbsup:
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, Processor: Phenom II X4 955, Mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD RAM: 8 Gb DDR3, Storage: 1 TB WD, GPU: ASUS ATI 4890 and Saphire 4890 in crossfire, Sound card: Asus Xonar D1, PSU: Cooler Master 750 w , Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000

#13 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

At the end of this year, that is over 9 months, then do we know or the Mayan Calendar is true.
What I can say is, I am not worry, in the 90 years were there also people they told that in the year 2000 will become a World disaster and the Earth is than history, well we live now in 2012, so I ask my self than a question, what is true about the Mayan Calendar.?

#14 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:53 AM

The Mayan calander, is true, it does exist. It also, ends in december of 2012, that is also fact. However, let me point out there is actually no mayan prophecy concerning it, at all it just simply ends, also true. Now, every single actualy prophecy from every single source that has tried to pinpoint the exact time the world will end, has been proven false. Also 100% fact. now, you expect me to believe that the world will end in 2012 simply because the mayan calander ended then? Even though the Mayans themselves made no prophecys concerning it? please, who died and made them God. Some fool who wants to make money through peoples fear.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#15 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:52 PM

I do not personally think the mayan calander predicts our true destiny, however, one thing I do know is clear, although there is physically no way to destroy the planent Earth (because 'matter' can not be destroyed, maybe altered, but not destroyed) but I do believe mankind can be destroyed and will be destroyed!

If you wish my prediction as to how this will eventually happen, it will be mankind that destroys mankind, we have been doing this already through-out history, only in small numbers.

Man killing man over greed and hatered, thus far we have only killed ourselves off in small numbers, mans fate rests upon the day when an all out global nuclear war takes place.

Nations will rise upon nations, that part of the scriptures is true, when this takes place, which it will with the contined up-risings in the middle-east taking place and the contined invention of mass destruction technology, man can only invent until there is nothing left to invent and mans own inventions will be his cause for extintion.

Look around you, there are dictators and rebellion of people, nations such as Iran being accused of developing nuclear weapons, Isreal threatening war against Iran, North Korea testing nuclear weapons and steering conflicts of nations of concern.

It is only a matter of time before someone fires the first fatal shot that will be the beginning of 'not the end of the Earth' but the end of 'mankind'

Believe me, when a war composed of nuclear weapons takes place, if anyone was to survive, they would only die a slow, agonizing, painful death.

Whether the Mayan calander is right or wrong, fact or fiction, one thing IS for sure and is that nuclear weapons do exist and so does mans hatered towards his fellow man and that will be mans true reality and also his fatal ending of existance.

Bruce.

Edited by MrBruce1959, 28 February 2012 - 11:07 PM.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users