Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to restore 7 to OEM settings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Choadus13

Choadus13

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

Hi,

How can I restore win 7 to factory settings. I have a repair disk, this seems to do nothing. Restore works, but nothing changes(Ugly Virus, I have tried everything, nothing will install) I just want to start over. It is a sony vaio, I dont have an image backup. Can I just reformat or something?? How? I can get it to rec console and choose version of windows, then asks for img disk or restore. Again, restore wont work or go back far enough to do anything.. Help Please.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

You Could Try this
How to perform a system recovery using the VAIO Recovery Center.

http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=C459775&fes=true

Without specifics of the Model I can only go general like the above.

But in general there is a Sony set of programs in windows to recover to like new condition that will wipe out everything.
And another utility program to create restore discs etc.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 10 February 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

model vgn-nw270f
Go to run vaio care program and choose restore to original. Computer restarts and nothing changes?? No formatting screens, it only takes a second to restart, but nothing changes.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

From Here
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/documentLink.do?externalId=C395679

If the operating system will not start, the Restore C: Drive window can also be reached by starting the computer and pressing the F10 key.

IMPORTANT: If a Restore Complete System recovery has been performed on a prior occasion, an error may occur during this procedure that prevents the recovery from completing properly. Perform any future system recovery procedures, if necessary, using the Restore Complete System option on the Recovery Discs

You want to read the whole page and understand that everything will be gone. It would have been nice if you had created the recovery disc set earlier just in case.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 10 February 2012 - 06:34 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 Choadus13

Choadus13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Ahhh F10 Thats what I needed. Could have saved me a few bucks I spent on that disk. I am doing it now. Will let you know.

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users