Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overclocking for beginners

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Diesel Mike

Diesel Mike

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hello all.

New to the site, but I love the content.

I was talking with my friends in class today about gaming systems, and i feel that my performance is lacking :(

I was wondering if anyone has any guides, or intros to overclocking, so I can learn all i can and try to put it to use.

First of all, here is my system specs, if its not in my sig already.
MOBO: Asus P6X58D Premium
CS: Intel i7 QC
RAM: 8G (4GX2) Corsair DDR3 240 Pin (not sure of the model #)
GC: EVGA GTX260 Superclock
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750G
Cooler Master Nvidia edition case

I am currently only running the box fan, CPU fan, and power supply fan. I might throw the additional fan on the MOBO CPU heatsink, but that thing is so damn loud and its hard to sleep with it on.

Also, im looking to upgrade more RAM soon, to something like 12G or 16G

But anyways, if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users