Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

troubleshooting microsoft issues.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 carpman1

carpman1

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

my pc has an exclamation mark icon beside it in my devices, when i run a trouble shoot to fix the problem it says it cant install it. it says theres a problem with the driver from microsoft teredo tunneling adapter when i run the fix a second time it says the pcouffin device...is not installed.when i run it a third time a window shows problems found, 1. microsoft isatap adapter has a driver problem. 2. teredo adapter driver prob. 3. pcouffin device doesnt have a driver.
can anyone advise on this? is it a hack?
thx for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

You need to give more details of what specific hardware is not working and has a Exclamation point next to it.
I can take a guess at the problem hardware but working from a guess is not good.

When the Exclamation point is showing there is also a error message that could be helpful.

What trouble shoot? The built in trouble shooter in windows or something else. is the rest of the computer working OK?

Cheers
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 carpman1

carpman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

win 7 ult 64x
its not hardware specific. the pc icon in devices and printers has an exclamation mark next to it, there is no error code. when i right click and open menu the troubleshoot has an exclamation mark next to it and when i select troublshoot it shows the errors above.

Edited by carpman1, 10 February 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

I thought you were in the Device manager. Right Click on Computer and choose properties, then choose device manager on the left side of the Welcome screen.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 carpman1

carpman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

I thought you were in the Device manager. Right Click on Computer and choose properties, then choose device manager on the left side of the Welcome screen.

Posted Image

#6 carpman1

carpman1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

on the isatap and the teredo it says (This device cannot start. (Code 10)

i dont even know if i want them running, what are they?

Edited by carpman1, 11 February 2012 - 05:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users