Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Irq Problems Between Graphics Card And Sound Drivers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ymom182

ymom182

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

hey guys this is my first time posting here and i have a problem, i just recently installed a new graphics card (ati x1900xt) from an (ati x800) with the install of the new card came a new problem, although they are in the same pci express slot the IRQ of the Vid card and the Sound processor are interfering with one another creating system crashes or slow processing speeds (mabye because of the more powerful card this is happening?) i have already checked to see if i could change the IRQ through the settings and it is set to an unchangeable default unless i mess with the bios of the mobo which i am not prepared to do. Aside from getting a new sound card and dissableing the old one that is built into the mobo what is there that i can do?

Haha way to make an introduction huh? :thumbsup:

and in desperation i am currently running an alternate set of drivers on the new card called omega drivers if that says anything.

i run
500watt powersupply
1.5 gig ram
3.0 ghz p4
200gig hd
ati x1900xt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

You may want to try some different drivers. I'm not sure of the support for this card as it has just been released. Do a complete cleanout of your sound and video drivers and see if that does anything.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#3 ymom182

ymom182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:19 PM

yea i did update the drivers because new ones were just recently released but i think i will just got with disableing my on board sound card and buy a new one, ive read that uses less processing power and i know that that way the irq will be diffrent,

::sigh::

god computers are a love hate relation ship, i love to spend money on it and i hate it when it doesnt work :thumbsup:

is your SN welco after the band wilco? if so thats amazing and if not its still awsome haha and thanks for the help.

i will report back on how the sound card change works :flowers:

#4 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:55 PM

Haha, people ask me that all the time in CS, but yes I did get it from there and a combination of my first name. They're not my favorite band, but I like a few of their songs and I really like the name.

Okay, back on topic now. Onboard sound does use a little of your CPU power but I think that the performance increase is >1-5% depending on what type of chipset you're using and your motherboard. I'm replacing mine because I really don't like onboard and I'm a bit of an audiophile. Let's hope this works so we can do. Also, don't be scared of BIOS it's a wonderful place if you know what you're doing.
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#5 ymom182

ymom182
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:47 PM

welp i put in the new sound card and it boosted prefomance by more than i ever expected :thumbsup: apperently it takes alot for those 2 components to run at the same time haha im pleased :D

#6 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:22 PM

I'm glad to hear things are going better. Now, I think it's time you go play some games and enjoy your new hardware.
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users