Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Port not reading some devices... not formatted

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sean342125

sean342125

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Good morning everybody,

I need help please! I'm running XP and am having issues lately with my usb drive. A few external devices will read but the major ones won't. The message that comes up is "disc in drive f is not formatted. do you want to format now." I can't get the computer to read either of my cameras or my ipod. So the main reasons that our family uses our desktop, the pictures and music, aren't accessible. I've found the topic in a few places online and none of the solutions work. I bought another usb port and installed, nothing. I ran Malwarebytes and tssd killer, nothing. I uninstalled service pack 3, nothing. I unplugged all other devices connected via usb, nothing. All of these devices do work if plugged into my laptop though, so it's not them. Don't know what else to do... please help with any suggestions that you may have. Thanks in advance!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,296 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

Try Microsoft Fix it Center Online - http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users