Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

axcrpyt thinks a closed file still is open

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 XML2005

XML2005

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:27 AM

I've been using Axcrypt for years without any issues, until I tried using it with Windows 7. When I double-click an encrypted file and get the Axcrypt window asking for my passphrase, I check both boxes to retain the passphrase for reuse during the session. If I then close the file and later try to reopen it, Axcrypt is supposed to just open the file for me. Instead, Axcrypt gives me a messagebox, "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. You, or someone else, have it open already. Do you want to try opening the file as read-only instead?" But the file is closed! The only way I can reopen the file is to go into Task Manager, kill Axcrypt, and then double-click the file. This restarts Axcrypt and asks me for my passphrase again before reopening the file.It's a real pain if this a file I need periodically all day.

BTW, I have no problem with non-Axcrypt files.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and do you know how to correct it? Thanks, all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users