Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Reinstal Windows Xp Without Recovery Cd

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy25

Izzy25

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

I need help on how to reinstall my windows xp my computer already has several problems wit sounds, bootup, drives, and speed so thats why i want to reinstall im a youngster thats why i dont really now how and also i dont have the Recovery CD it never came with my HP computer. My computer has already had Windows reinstalled but by someone in a shop. And now i would like to find out how to reinstall it myself. Any help here on how to reinstall without disc or any help on how to get disc. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:01 PM

Hello Izzy25 and welcome to BC.

I'm not sure of the age of your computer or whether the following will apply but have a look at:

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Creating Recovery CDs and DVDs Using Recovery Creator Software

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows XP

HP Desktop PCs - Restoring Original Drivers and Software Using HP Application Recovery

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Obtaining a Recovery CD or DVD set

Let us know if that helps.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:05 PM

If you are using XP Home you will want to order yours a set of recovery disks. Last set I order for an HP 533w cost $26 for the shipping. One day you will need them reguardless of what HP says.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 Izzy25

Izzy25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:09 PM

Oh alright then thanks am im not exactly sure what does the recovery discs do
do they reinstall windows or somethin? oh and my computer is a HP 514c wich i bought back in 2001 i believe it came with Wndows XP Service Pack 1 but then when i took it to the shop they installed Windows Xp Service Pack 2 so can i still order the recovery CD's eventhough my computer is currently SP2 but it came with SP1?? thanks

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

Yes, recovery disks are used for reinstalling Windows.

You should also order a Service Pack 2 (SP2) disk from Microsoft. It is free. You can order a disk HERE.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:05 PM

Yes you can order the recovery disk till Microsoft obsoletes the XP Home operating sytem. Yes you will be able to reinstall with recovery disk. The recovery disks have the complete XP Home OS plus the drivers for that computer are set on the disk set. The set I received had 11 disks in all. Even if you did not order the SP2 disk as Albert Frankenstein suggests (Which is the smart move) you will be able to download it from the Windows Update Site.
One note. The recovery disks can only be used with the model computer they were built for. You will not be able to use them on a different computer.

#7 Izzy25

Izzy25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

OK thank you very much im goin to go order myself some discs and shall be all set to go thanks again for the help

#8 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:12 PM

Try this link HP recovery CDs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users