Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What to buy for my computer?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Slapysntgras

Slapysntgras

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hey all im new to building computer and ect, i'm looking to get a Processor, motherboard, Graphic card, and maybe some Ram cards like 8G. Im looking to play World of Warcraft with this, so being able to play in ultra settings would be nice. I'm looking to spend $400. If i could spend less that would be nice. I would like to stick to Intel hardware or AMD. so if anyone can help me out, much thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:48 PM

$400? That's not really possible with quality low-end hardware. Windows alone costs $100, a decent CPU and motherboard that can play WoW and not be obsolete in a year, will run you $140. The point is, you may want to consider an additional $200 to the budget.

3939.png

#3 Slapysntgras

Slapysntgras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

So like $600 for the 3 items

#4 Slapysntgras

Slapysntgras
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Cause I just need a motherboard, Processor, and graphics card that it i have the rest. also like 4Gs of Ram

#5 pcwizard

pcwizard

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

I Think the Memory/RAM and the Hard Drive. Get a 1TB Hard Drive and a 8GB or 4GB Memory/RAM.. if you have a lot of money,, upgrade your video card memory to 1gb or 2gb... (little kind of expensive but nice in games).... BUT ALSO DONT FORGET THE PROCESSOR,,, if your motherboard is compatible with The new intel core i7 processor,, better UPGRADE it.. :-)

#6 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

Replacing the motherboard will void the license for Windows unless you have a full, boxed, retail version of the OS. This is due to how the license is defined. Prices on hard drives are still quite high so a 1TB would be expensive. Saying "i7 all the way" is like saying I need a Ferrari to get to work and nothing else in this instance. In WoW, you don't really need a powerful system as it is a very old game with laughable graphics, especially when compared to newer MMO's like Star Wars: The Old Republic or Final Fantasy XIV.

For WoW, this will get you to where you need to go:

ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 - A good, basic board. $94

SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB - You only need 2GB cards if you have EyeFinity or use some forms of anti aliasing. $134

AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma 3.0GHz - You probably don't even need this much CPU. You could probably use the AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz and it is a little less expensive. $124

AMD Entertainment Edition 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - Yes, AMD now makes RAM. It seems good and decently priced. $21

Edited by DJBPace07, 10 February 2012 - 05:22 PM.

3939.png

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,865 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

<<Saying "i7 all the way" is like saying I need a Ferrari to get to work and nothing else in this instance.>>

I like it :thumbsup: , I was just wondering if someone would say something similar :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users