Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LG Television Connection to Router Network

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jpeg

jpeg

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:25 PM

I have an LG 42LD550 TV with its required LG AN-WF100 USB Adapter. I have a DLink DIR-815 Router.

I have the TV set up to work with the router so I can stream Netflix, YouTube, Vudu, etc. to my TV. It works pretty well, but a couple of times a day it cuts out right in the middle of what I'm watching, saying "No Internet Connection". This is very frustrating when I'm right in the middle of a TV show or movie.

My computer is downstairs in one corner of the house, and the television is upstairs in the middle of the house (although it's only about 20 feet or so away as the crow flies).

What can I do to prevent this constant disconnecting?

My first thought would be to buy a 30-foot ethernet cable, drill a hole in the floor, and run it from the router to the TV. Would this work? Would I always be connected then?

Or is there something simpler I can do? I have no problem going the ethernet cable route if it would completely eliminate the problem. Would I lose clarity with such a long cable?

Peg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

My first thought would be to buy a 30-foot ethernet cable

A wired connection is always the best and reliable connection be it the conventional way. There is always that bigger possibility of disconnection issue on wireless compared to wired unless its on your providers end's fault.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users