You're also going to need more components to complete the system, the OS, optical drive, and hard drive. You may be able to save some cash going with an AMD CPU and motherboard.
Suggested CPU's:AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz
- This isn't quite as powerful as a 2500. $149AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz
- About as powerful as a 2500. $199AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma 3.0GHz
- A good budget CPU for gaming. $124
Suggested motherboards:GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970
- A solid motherboard for people who don't use SLI or Crossfire. $89ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX
- An enthusiast motherboard that is geared for gamers. $184
As for the 6850 and 6870, it does depend what you do. If you are gaming, the 6870 is a great choice. If you aren't gaming, or playing basic Flash games, consider an APU-based system.
Edited by DJBPace07, 09 February 2012 - 07:43 PM.