Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Media Player question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MalwareWarrior

MalwareWarrior

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Well, when i added the Music folder to the list of folders that WMP would get music from (Under organize), i immediately removed the folder from the list while it was updating the library. Then it finished updating and removed the songs from the list, including all of my itunes songs. Does this damage anything? Im assuming that all it does is read the songs from the folder, and if i choose to have it not read songs from the music folder while it's adding in all those songs, it doesn't damage anything. Would i be correct in assuming that? (I'm honestly very paranoid about the itunes songs, there's a ton)

Edited by MalwareWarrior, 09 February 2012 - 01:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

It shouldn't affect anything. All it is is a shortcut, more or less, to the music's location, not the music itself. It's much like deleting a shortcut on your desktop - it states that it won't remove the program, just the shortcut! Hope this helps! :thumbup2:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 MalwareWarrior

MalwareWarrior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 PM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thanks a ton. That's a really relieving read.

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

Not a problem! Needless to say, it's always a good idea to back up all of your files...music, photos, word docs etc. etc.! :thumbup2:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users