Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Error number: 0x8DDD0018] Microsoft Update not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 notinfallible

notinfallible

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

I have done all the things Microsoft suggests, several times. What is going on here?

I have Windows XP SP3.

Thank you.

[Error number: 0x8DDD0018] Posted Image The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running:

• Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer)
  • Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted)
  • Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed)
To make sure these services are running:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, double-click on Automatic Updates and then click Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
5. Verify that the Service status is started, if the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
6. In the list of services, double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) and then click Properties.
7. In the Startup type list, select Manual and click Apply.
8. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.
9. In the list of services, double-click on Event Log and then click Properties.
10. In the Startup type list, select Automatic and click Apply.
11. Verify that the Service status is started, If the Service Status is Stopped click on the Start Button.

Edited by notinfallible, 08 February 2012 - 07:25 PM.

The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 notinfallible

notinfallible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nevermind. I just resolved it myself. Thank you.
The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users