Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possibly infected? Growing list of new temp files: AC1A1, AC1A2, AC1A3, etc etc etc

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 notinfallible

notinfallible

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

I like to keep my temporary file folders empty, so I'm always checking on them to what is in them. Just recently, files such as, AC1A1, AC1A2, AC1A3, AC1A4, AC1A5, and they keep going on and on. The more time that goes by inbetween cleaning temp folders, the longer the list of the AC files gets. I have never seen these before and I'm just trying to figure out if it's something malicious or not.

Here are two screen captures of the files. Thank you.

Posted Image

Posted Image
The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

You'll have to decide if you want to continue here or in this topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic441578.html/page__p__2587038__fromsearch__1#entry2587038

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 notinfallible

notinfallible
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Ok. Thank you.
The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn't being said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users