Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dedicate USB controller port

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 level42jeff

level42jeff

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Not sure how else to say this, so I'll just get right in it.

The Theory:
I have 2 PSX to USB adapters. They occupy 2 USB ports.

As a console would have a dedicate Player 1 and Player 2 port, I'd like to mimic this on pc.

The problem now:
For example, if I have a controller and plug it into, what I've deemed is player 2, it inherits the player 1 controller config.

The Question:
How can I force the computer so that no matter what and no matter when, when I plug a controller into Player 2, it will always get player 2 configuration.

How can I set one of these ports to be player 1 and the other to be player 2, always and forever?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for anyone who can help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 level42jeff

level42jeff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

Anyone?

#3 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,945 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hi

You would need to do it either with software built for the controller (mapping buttons, macros, etc...) or the software that you are playing (game, emulator, etc...). The ports have different hardware addresses. How they are handled is up to the software using them. Check the documentation and see if it can save the profiles based on the ports.

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users