Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Pro Does Not Recognize Printer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aw9018

aw9018

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:34 AM

My laptop running XP Pro does not recognize the printer connected by wire to my Cisco Linksys E2500 wireless router, even though every other PC on the Network does. The other machines are: XP home desktop wired to the router, a Vista desktop wireless and Windows 7 laptop wireless. When I run the "Add Printer" app it does not find the printer. I posted this here instead of the networking forum because I'm assuming the problem is with XP Pro since the other PCs don't have the problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

FWIW: How to Share Printer in Windows XP - http://www.home-network-help.com/share-printer.html

Does this recognize and properly share with any of the systems on the network?

Louis

#3 aw9018

aw9018
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

I don't use any of these PCs to share files. I would just like them all to use the same printer that is connected to the router, which 3 out of the 4 are able to do.

#4 aw9018

aw9018
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

Forgot to mention in my last post that I looked at the guide to which the link sent me and those instructions are for sharing a printer connected to one computer with other machines. I would like the printer to be connected to the router so any PC can use it regardless of whether a PC to which the printer is connected, is turned on or off. Even though I suspected that it didn't matter I did try enabling printer sharing on the 3 other PCs that are able to use the printer and the problem persists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users