Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black and White screen using Vista after System Restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dfairchild19

dfairchild19

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

I am having issues with my screen turning black and white about 10 seconds after the desktop comes up on startup. I have done a few system restores which seemed to return it to normal colors for a few weeks at a time and then i would have to restore it again. The most recent system restore did not help it at all.

The machine is an HP Slimline running Vista

Graphics Card(?): NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Monitor is a Samsung 226BW

I am not sure if it is my graphics card, vista, my monitor or something else i am over looking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

I had the exact same thing happen. It turned out to be the Digital Vibrance setting. Go to your NVidia Control Panel-Display..Adjust desktop color settings.
Somehow, that slider was at 0% instead of the default 50%.
Hope this helps.

#3 dfairchild19

dfairchild19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

I had the exact same thing happen. It turned out to be the Digital Vibrance setting. Go to your NVidia Control Panel-Display..Adjust desktop color settings.
Somehow, that slider was at 0% instead of the default 50%.
Hope this helps.

Dang i fought this for months and never could find anything that would work. After countless searches on the net and questions to computer techs, a simple question here does the trick. Thanks for your time in reading and responding to my thread.

Any idea what causes it to go to 0%?

Thanks again,

Derek

#4 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Never did...it almost drove me crazy before i found out about it....Glad i could help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users