Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Odd performance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

I know that this might be a sensitive post, but please bear with me. I have utorrent installed, to receive large files from family that i have scattered all over the country. I have noticed that when i have utorrent open and running, everything else on my computer will stop or freeze up. I have got used to it by now, just wondering if there was any explanation for this. Malware...virus and addware scans came up with noting, and none of the files i dl would harm my computer (even after the Christmas dinner conversation we had)Any thoughts???

Edited by hamluis, 08 February 2012 - 06:13 AM.
Moved from XP to Web Browsing/Email.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,426 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

FWIW: There is a ton of info available on the Web regarding torrents and malware...all you have to do is use Google.

You may want to read Are Torrents Safe Info - http://www.infocarnivore.com/tag/are-torrents-safe/ .

If you are trying to address possible system issues that have nothing to do with malware, but the manner in which your torrent program works...I suggest that you try the support forum or...again...just use Google to search for "utorrent issues".

Louis

#3 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

I figured it out, It was my zone alarm that was killing my processes alongside utorrent. Odd but i have confidence in my security to take care of anything in is absence. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users