Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All files hidden!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BethCPM

BethCPM

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:34 PM

A virus has deleted/hidden a TON of files on my computer! It started by wiping things off every time I re-started and eventually it quit starting up altogether. I got a SystemMechanic CD and that got it running again but there are no files in my libraries and things are still hidden. I'm very anxious about it because there were almost all of the photos of my kids on here and I worry that they are not recoverable! Is there anything I can do?

Oh, the last time I was on my computer before I got it running with SystemMechanic, I downloaded Avast, Malware-byte, and Spybot and did a full clean-up of everything, it was when I was instructed to restart that it wouldn't start up. The photos are still gone although according to those programs the computer is free of any viruses.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:18 PM

Hi

Please follow the guide here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-system-check

Good luck