My name is ratman
and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.
Can you confirm you have authorization to troubleshoot this machine?Before we begin, I would like to make a few things clear so that we can fix your problem as efficiently as possible:
- Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.
- Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.
- Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.
Please take note:
- If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate you letting me know.
- If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
- If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and I will guide you.
- Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
- If you are unable to perform the steps I have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and I will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.
- If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
- Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.
- If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
- Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.
I need to see some up to date information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
I also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner
Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice
Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logIn your next reply, please copy/paste the contents of the following:
Edited by ratman, 10 February 2012 - 05:05 PM.