Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disconnecting an iPhone via USB

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MalwareWarrior

MalwareWarrior

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Windows 7 64 Bit, iPhone 3GS
I'm just wondering if it's bad to remove the iPhone's usb from the computer when there was another window that opens when you connect it to the computer. Specifically, i went to iTunes, did whatever to my phone, then clicked the eject button next to the phone name. I didn't notice that there was another window called "Insert name here's iPhone", which just allows me to view the pictures on the phone.

Edited by MalwareWarrior, 07 February 2012 - 02:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pJ`

pJ`

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

Your not really suppose to. But I've never heard of it actually causing any problems. I've always done it and never had an issue. Same with flash/thumb drives. You're not suppose to remove then until you've used the "safely remove hardware" option but I don't use it and I've never had anything bad happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users