Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found New Harrdware... GO AWAY!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jtphenom

jtphenom

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi folks. I have some Boston Digital BA735 speakers (not the USB kind) hooked up to my HP Z200, which are functional using the standard soundcard driver that I installed from HP.

But every time I log on, it wants me to give it drivers for these speakers. This happens EVEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT PLUGGED IN! lol

1. Why is this happening even when the speakers are not plugged in?
2. How can I get it to stop? I can't find any drivers anywhere for these speakers anyway! But supposed I just wanted to make message go away. How would I go about doing that??

Thanks for your help!
James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

What happens when you go all the way through the found new hardware wizard and it doesn't find a driver?

Does the hardware then show in the device manager with a yellow mark?

Can you then post the hardware ID associated with it?

I suppose you could just choose to disable at that point. Not the best way of course.

It is also possible that it is finding something else and not the speakers. I've seen that happen too.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

As suggested above, it could be prompting you to install the driver for a different hardware. Are you sure it's for the speakers?

Before you disable it, you might want to uninstall it from the device manager, restart your computer and complete the driver installation again.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users