Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

volume won't go all the way up

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hothett

hothett

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

This should be pretty simple for those who know a bit about computers. I actually found the answer before but thought the fix would be permanent.... well it lasted 8 months or so.

Either magicjack or skype is keeping my volume adjustment from going to max. I found the answer before but after hours of searching I cannot come up with the answer. Something with one of these programs hijacks my stuff (which imo should be illegal) and I know there is a setting somewhere I can change that will keep the program from adjusting my volume.

Please and thank you for the help.

Michael

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hothett

hothett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

I'm surprised nobody is on this. It should be old hat to some of the more experienced folks here. Did I post in the wrong section?

#3 maisa

maisa

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Hey I was just searching for how to fix the same problem and I'll tell you its from magicJack because I have it and saw you had the same problem and also had it. Its really simple just open up to your magicjack and click menu and click volume/headset control. For choose your device keep it on telephone and NOT headset/other. I did that and my volume was going all the way up. You actually helped me fix my problem from your question!

Edited by maisa, 11 February 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#4 hothett

hothett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

BRAVO-Thanks!! I knew it was easy! My problem was I was leaning towards skype as being the problem.

#5 bradgold

bradgold

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

I have the same problem on my laptop, i'm forced to use headphones to hear the volume at normal level. i don't have magic jack but was thinking of getting it. Do you guys recommend it? How much does it cost, i heard it can save me alot of money over the year.

#6 pianoman1844

pianoman1844

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Just a special word of thanks for posting on this topic!! I 'd been having the same trouble with my volume for many months, and I had NO idea it was MagicJack doing it! I thought it must be a virus doing it! So glad you took the time to post about this topic! 

#7 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

I hope you have you volume problems taken care of Pianoman :)

#8 pmhoppe

pmhoppe

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

Running across this post just solved the problem for me also.

Much Thanks to all     :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users