Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot run exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jake Edwards

Jake Edwards

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

I had a virus present itself like a protections tool, my brother clicked ok... what could it hurt. now I have stopped it from spreading but have lost all rundll function. I know just enough to get into trouble so I cant really tell you what else I lost. I know that whatever I try to open pops up the option of what program to open in with, I lost little things too, like slide function on mouse pad. can adjust resolution... just about every convenience.. so far I figured out how to used my calculator and my firefox. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

You never finished your malware removal forum topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic373553.html/page__p__2095093__fromsearch__1#entry2095093
PM your malware helper to reopen the topic.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Jake Edwards

Jake Edwards
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

Actually I did, this is a different issue.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:02 AM

Did you?

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 Jake Edwards

Jake Edwards
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

I will open this back up but I dont have any of the same issues or error messages.

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

There is one golden rule (stated in malware forum).
Once cleaning process is started it must be finished.
Often your computer may seem to be fine, but something may be still hiding and it'll cause issues sooner or later.

PM fireman and he'll gladly reopen your topic.

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users