Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Supply Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 user123456

user123456

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:20 AM

I have a computer that isnt turning on. I tested the power supply with a power supply tester and everything works when i test it. I unplugged all pci cards, all led cables and stuff like that, and left just the power switch cable hooked up. and it still doesnt power on, any ideas on what might be going on???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:37 PM

Could you give us the speces on the computer? RAM, HD, ver WIndows,.. Did you change anything prior to it failing. How did you check the power supply?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 user123456

user123456
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:59 PM

the tester i got it just plugs into the power connector to the motherboard and has an led on it and if it turns on it works, but whatever,

i tried a different power supply, no luck,

tried with everything unplugged, all usb and all expansion cards,

tried to short out the power switch pins,

and cleared the cmos, still no luck, the only thing left is the motherboard, could that be the problem???

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2006 - 05:30 PM

Have you checked the motherboard plug to make sure they are seated(remove and reinsert).
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users